Locatie Amsterdam | gepost op 06 August, 2018
For an international US listed company based Amsterdam, we are currently recruiting for a commercial business / project controller. In this position you will ensure that all aspects of financial accounting and reporting are in compliance with all appropriate policies and procedures.
Functie omschrijving HIZ02526
For an international US listed company based Amsterdam, we are currently recruiting for a business controller with 3 to 5 years of experience. In this position you will ensure that all aspects of financial accounting and reporting are in compliance with all appropriate policies and procedures and ensure that all cost elements are appropriately billed and accounted for. You will define and structure financial (internal and external) processes for one specific strategic account. In addition you become partners with business in delivering financial and operational work to understand the drivers causing the budget versus actual variances and, when necessary, recommends corrective action.
You will support in preparing timely and accurate monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of actual financial results, including appropriate account reconciliation and variance analysis. Besides that you will support operations management in the preparation of annual project-site profit plans, budgets and forecasts and relevant customer fiscal year reporting periods and uploads to financial system.
In addition you will deal with tasks and responsibilities like:
- Provides accounting and analytical support to account management by working as a financial partner in analyzing ways to improve the profitability of their operations
- Maintain a robust business controls regime, including management of delegated financial authority and proper separation of duties, and the coordination of an internal audit regime to ensure full SOX and US GAAP compliance
- Review quality of management reporting and reconciliations to ensure that internal audit commitments are met and corporate expectations delivered.
- Defining Financial processes (focus: revenue recognition and reporting)
- Rolling out financial processes for Projects
- Challenging Project Managers on project finance and profitability
Desired skills and qualifications
• Bachelor or Master degree in Finance, Control or Accounting.
• 3 - 5 years of finance and accounting experience within an international, complex, challenging environment.
• Fluent English and fluent Dutch language skills, which is a must.
• Superior Excel Skills.
• Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of Oracle, Hyperion and/or other relational databases, which is a plus
• Strong attention to detail.
• The ability to operate in a Matrix organization
Salary indication for this position is 60K to 65K gross per year, depending on experience and qualifications in general. Secondary benefits include a laptop, phone, pension scheme, training budget in combination with personal career development plan and collective health insurance. Furthermore, the opportunity to grow into a role as sparring partner of the business.