GL Accountant 32-40 hours p/w
Locatie Amsterdam | gepost op 06 February, 2019
Do you have an active lifestyle and enjoy working in an international company with multiple cultures and languages? For our client, an international sports brand with their EMEA HQ based in Amsterdam, we are looking for an GL Accountant.
Functie omschrijving HIRK02669
Do you have an active lifestyle and enjoy working in an international company with multiple cultures and languages? For our client, an international sports brand with their EMEA HQ based in Amsterdam, we are looking for an GL Accountant. This position concerns a role for a minimum period of 1 year with possibility of extension. Within a team of 14 financials you will be responsible for managing the general ledger accounting, leading month-end close and facilitating internal and external audits. For a number of entities in the EMEA region you tasks will be:
- Manage the general ledger accounting activities by securing accuracy and timeliness of cut off, journal entry postings, reconciliations and month-end close activities.
- Perform controller duties to review accuracy and validity of payments and accounts payable bookings, disbursements, and cash flow requirement forecasts.
- Collaborate with HR and external payroll providers, secure timely and accurate processing of payroll through GL, and submission of social security and payroll tax returns.
- Lead internal and external audits, including but not limited to statutory, income tax and customs audits, and the related provisioning of required information.
- Identify and properly record audit, tax and other adjustments relating to differences between US and local GAAPs.
- Apply systems of internal controls which verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, to adhere to the Company’s values.
- Partner with service providers to secure accurate and timely completion and overall tax compliance for VAT, Intrastat, EC Sales listing, CIT, and any other country specific local tax. Lead process and knowledge improvement to minimize ongoing external support.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting or economics.
- 5 + years of relevant experience in an international organization.
- A working knowledge of Accounting, CIT and VAT.
- Affinity with ERP systems and an advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks and anticipating how a decision can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots”.
This position comes with a salary range between €3.500,- and €4.000,- a month based on 40 hours a week, a good pension, health insurance, 25 vacation days and travel expenses.