Corporate Business Analyst
Nieuwegein | 40 hours | University - Bachelor degree | € 2500 - € 4000
What you will do
Do you have a completed HBO/WO education in the direction of (corporate) finance, accounting, control or M&A and are you looking for the first or second step in your career within a challenging environment where you can learn a lot and also have excellent career opportunities? Then the Corporate Business Analyst position at Topicus.com is what you are looking for. Topicus.com is a young international organization where change is the only constant factor. And a steep learning curve is a guarantee in this position.
As a Corporate Business Analyst you are the linking pin when it comes to collecting, analyzing and reporting the financial data of the business units.
Your duties include:
- You are responsible for management reporting and analysis of investment profitability and results for all 90 business units.
- You are responsible for the treasury function. You ensure, in consultation with the M&A department, that you attract the right amount of funding intended for acquisitions.
- You discuss analyzes with the (European) Finance & Control Managers, the CFOs and CEO.
- You analyze the cash flow of all business units and advise management whether the investments are profitable
- You consolidate reports from all units
- You take care of the Reporting to the Canadian parent company
- You have an active role in projects related to business integration, changing legislation and business analysis for the CFO
- As a Corporate Business Analyst you are part of the Corporate Control team of Topicus.com, which includes internal audit, holding accountant and consolidation. In this position you report to the Corporate Controller.
In this role you have a strong focus on numbers, but communication is just as important as you will have a lot of contact with the financial directors, the business, finance colleagues, CSI, M&A and the banks. It is important that you are flexible, curious, analytical and solution-oriented to take up new challenges in order to grow further with them.
This position is interesting for financials with a completed HBO/WO education, intrinsic interest in corporate finance and/or M&A and who want to exercise this material from an analytical position at a fast-growing and dynamic company. The culture within finance and Topicus.com can be described as down-to-earth, involved, enthusiastic, hands-on, short lines and informal.
- HBO/WO diploma in Business Economics/Finance & Investing/Accounting & Control
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience, preferably in an analytical finance function
- Fluent English both verbally and in writing. Dutch is not necessary but useful
- You have strong communication skills and can communicate with senior management
- Very good Excel skills due to the large amount of data analysis
- Solution-oriented, flexible and hands-on
- Can perform under the pressure of deadlines
- Interested in investing and performance evaluation
You are committed, enterprising and progressive. You recognize yourself in result orientation, entrepreneurship and ambition. You are critical and you work accurately. You can work well both independently and in a team. You are solution-oriented, flexible and hands-on and you perform under pressure of deadlines.
- Depending on the experience, the salary indication is between € 2500 and € 4000 gross per month.
- This is an ideal position for a starter or 2nd step for someone who still wants to learn a lot in a complex and dynamic environment.
- In addition, there is a profit-sharing scheme of 7% to a maximum of 10%
- A pension scheme
- Laptop + phone
- Special career progression & development programs
High Quality Recruitment supports Total Specific Solutions exclusively in this procedure. Questions, reactions and applications can be sent to Melvin Bernard, who can be reached via firstname.lastname@example.org or via 06 - 21826485
About the company
Topicus.com is one of the largest Vertical Market Software companies in Europe with more than EUR 600 million turnover and approximately 3,200 employees in more than 95 independently managed Business Units. Topicus.com makes software specifically for sectors (“vertical markets”) such as healthcare, retail, real estate, government and the financial world.
Topicus.com has a very strong position in the Netherlands and is growing very fast (internationally) through acquisitions. Topicus.com can add a lot of value to these acquired companies by helping to professionalize them. Results can be greatly improved in this way. The Finance department of Topicus.com makes an important contribution to this.
Since 2021, Topicus.com has been listed on the TSX Venture Exchange (ticker: TOI). Since we are a fast-growing company, we are constantly looking for good, diverse finance professionals to expand our team.